April 4, 2010 by 8junebugs
- Always have school clothes and play clothes. Change out of one and into the other before you make dinner, especially if dinner involves tomato sauce and school clothes are made of silk or cashmere.
- Naps are essential to a pleasant attitude.
- Most chocolate candy is better cold. Peppermint patties, peanut butter cups, and M&Ms…all taste more like treats from the fridge.
- Have a savings account, but also have a piggy bank. An ATM deposit does not make a satisfying *clink*.
- An open window is better than air conditioning. (None of us ever had “allergies.”)
- “God made dirt not to hurt.” I’m pretty sure that was my Grand.
- The best place to spend an afternoon is in a hammock or on a porch swing.
- “You don’t have to finish it — just take five more bites” is good advice for kids eating vegetables, young adults buried in college reading, and grown-ups struggling to be perfect in an imperfect world.
- Boys can cook.
- Everybody farts.