Thoughts on a Sunday morning2
April 6, 2008 by 8junebugs
1. WordPress has altered its interface and I am not yet sold on the new one. It feels out-of-boxy, like the “design” of our intranet site. However, if this helps it move faster, I’m all for it.
2. Xbox 360 has a bizarre feature that lets the AI in your Windows-friendly machine have its own blog. It’s rather clever, really, and they’ve programmed in a passable amount of snark. Still, I am reminded of Talkie Toaster from Red Dwarf, and I feel sure that Xbox 360 is the greatest AI threat to humankind since The Clapper.
3. Empire Magazine has grossly underestimated the value of Babylon 5. But then, who doesn’t? (Men whom I’ve dated, that’s who. And the only women I know who appreciate the staggering power of the show are those who have also dated the men I’ve dated. We’re impressionable, perhaps, but in this case it’s okay.)
4. I am facing a conflict between where I am, where I would like to be, and where I think I should be. It’s not a lot of fun. I don’t mean to be overly cryptic… my sister’s grandpa* died Friday night and the service is Tuesday. I’ve known him all my life and keep trying to find a way to get up there, but it’s not working out very well, not least because Vermont is the last place I should be right now.
5. The training walk yesterday went well, I suppose. I didn’t die. But there’s a twinge in my right leg that I might need to have looked at if it doesn’t go away.
6. In what is a difficult and could be a transitional point in my life, my brain is a little consumed with something of greater importance to me than I would have imagined. Trouble is, it’s not that important to everyone. Which would be okay, if it was a DIY kind of thing.
7. I’m hungry. For bacon. (Thanks, Jon.)
* My “sister” is Rachael, who has known me, quite literally, since I was born. She’s an only child and I’d always wanted a sister, so we decided we would be each other’s sister. We never lived in the same town or went to the same school, we don’t talk much between visits, but if one of us called the other in the middle of the night, nothing would keep us apart. Which makes us family, in my world.
#s 4 and 6 are an ongoing struggle, not that knowing this brings much comfort 😦
On a more cheerful and completely unrelated note, I am passing along a blog meme to you. If you have the time and the inclination, it would be great if you could join in. If not, no problem. Mainly, it was a way to let my readers know about your blog.
For specifics, please see the post:
I’ve been tagged? I’m honored…usually I just steal memes and pass them along. I shall endeavor to do a good job of revealing seven things about me that aren’t already somewhere on the internets.
It does not bring much comfort. Thanks, though. 😉 Good to hear from you.