June 26, 2008 by 8junebugs
- My cousin and her partner (Hi, Amy!), who live in Iowa City, have not drowned. Hooray! Family news is hard to come by and I don’t do phone, so thank heavens for email.
- My maternal instincts are flipped into overdrive today. Or my caregiver ones — whichever. I’m your basic tough-it-out type when it comes to tummyaches, but today I feel the overwhelming need to pamper someone who feels ucky.
- I am back on a Meat Loaf kick. Because “Oh, I know you belong inside my aching heart / And can’t you see my faded Levis bursting apart”? Classic romance.
- The usability conference I attended last week is still very much top of mind. Usability testing puts data behind the stuff you may already sort of just know. And that data is the difference between “I don’t think a teenager will get that image” and “Data show that users in the 5-18 age range did not respond to the picture of the hand holding the pen — if you want them to write something, show them a keyboard.” As someone whose business card should say “I want to know why,” I find this very compelling.
- I have a slim but interesting opportunity to do something very clever. Please cross your fingers for me.
- My company is outgrowing its space and has begun investigating other options. I vote for a West Coast office, perhaps in dirt cheap Sacramento, and I’ve got two other people behind me. That leaves 122. Wish me luck!