April 8, 2008 by 8junebugs
Seven things you might not know about me (unlikely, but possible), courtesy of Miss Jada’s tag:
- I was born slightly pigeon-toed and spent a couple of years in a brace to turn my feet out. They still turn in when I’m tired and it makes me twitch.
- I have eight piercings, total–seven in my ears and one in my navel. Most of the ones in my ears came from training new staff to pierce when I worked in an accessory store.
- I had a grammar school teacher who made a contest out of finding words in the dictionary. I won every single time. That we never had spelling bees is a childhood sorrow I have not yet gotten past.
- I can still name all of Joey McIntyre’s siblings in, I’m pretty sure, birth order. (Judy, Alice, Susan, Tricia, Carol, Jean, Kate, Tommy, and Joe.)
- My paternal line has been traced back to 1675, when two brothers emigrated from Saint Michel le Clou, France, to Quebec. The line of only one brother, Charles, continued successfully–we’re all descended from him and his wife, Francoise Amiot, who had eight surviving sons (and two daughters), six of whom produced sons. Most names that look like my maiden name are some derivation of the original Gingreau. Even Gingrich.
- I once kicked a boy I liked in the balls with wooden clogs. Hard. He’s got about a dozen kids now, so I’ve stopped feeling guilty.
- I eat in reverse order of preference, taking into account which foods will get cold faster and whether each item is tasty when cold. So if I’m at your house and I gobble up your creamed spinach, it could be because I don’t want it to get cold before I can enjoy it, or it could be because it’s bloody awful and I want to get it out of the way. You’ll never know which.
The Bean at http://marlabean.blogspot.com/, because she hasn’t posted in forever.
I had no idea that you had braces on your legs when you were younger! It’s amazing how you can live together for a year and know so much about each other, but still not know so much about each other.
Now, with that said, do you still crack the shit out of all your toes at once? That used to trip me out! I wanted to be able to do that. I would try and get maybe two to pop…
Well, we’re talking about a pair of toddler shoes connected by a flat metal bar. I don’t want anyone to picture the braces they had/have for polio victims.
I do still crack the shit out of my toes, probably even more frequently than I did back then and especially in bed. Same for my ankles, knuckles, and neck…less so for my back.
I didn’t know you wanted to crack your toes! I do remember Cheryl threatening to cut mine off if I didn’t stop.
Yes, I was picturing the ones like Forrest Gump had on in the movie. I remember the toddler shoes. Don’t remember who it was but someone I knew had them as a baby and I remember seeing them on their feet as well. So now I have a better vision than the polio-type braces.
And oh my God, I totally remember when Cheryl threatened to cut ’em off! I just thought it was funny that you could do that.
By the way, I heard from her out of the blue about 4 months ago. She’s in Seattle now.
Yeah, my parents would have done better to put little me in a ballet class.
I can easily see her in Seattle. That’s a good fit.