April 8, 2008 by 8junebugs
Seven things you might not know about me (unlikely, but possible), courtesy of Miss Jada’s tag:
- I was born slightly pigeon-toed and spent a couple of years in a brace to turn my feet out. They still turn in when I’m tired and it makes me twitch.
- I have eight piercings, total–seven in my ears and one in my navel. Most of the ones in my ears came from training new staff to pierce when I worked in an accessory store.
- I had a grammar school teacher who made a contest out of finding words in the dictionary. I won every single time. That we never had spelling bees is a childhood sorrow I have not yet gotten past.
- I can still name all of Joey McIntyre’s siblings in, I’m pretty sure, birth order. (Judy, Alice, Susan, Tricia, Carol, Jean, Kate, Tommy, and Joe.)
- My paternal line has been traced back to 1675, when two brothers emigrated from Saint Michel le Clou, France, to Quebec. The line of only one brother, Charles, continued successfully–we’re all descended from him and his wife, Francoise Amiot, who had eight surviving sons (and two daughters), six of whom produced sons. Most names that look like my maiden name are some derivation of the original Gingreau. Even Gingrich.
- I once kicked a boy I liked in the balls with wooden clogs. Hard. He’s got about a dozen kids now, so I’ve stopped feeling guilty.
- I eat in reverse order of preference, taking into account which foods will get cold faster and whether each item is tasty when cold. So if I’m at your house and I gobble up your creamed spinach, it could be because I don’t want it to get cold before I can enjoy it, or it could be because it’s bloody awful and I want to get it out of the way. You’ll never know which.
The Bean at http://marlabean.blogspot.com/, because she hasn’t posted in forever.